The training on Sexual Orientation and Gender Identity Workplace Equality reviews the Federal contractor obligations related to protections based on sexual orientation and gender identity and provides a brief overview of the history leading to these protections. Considerations for possible self-identification data collection and metrics are explored, with reference to examples and advice from advocacy organizations. This module also covers basic information related to outreach of Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender (LGBT) individuals. Resources and advice are provided towards becoming an ally of the LGBT community.
Main topics include:
- Introduction to the EEOC and OFCCP
- Timeline of EEOC and OFCCP Activity
- Case law and regulatory developments
- Voluntary Self-Identification
- Benefits and concerns with collection and metrics
- Becoming an Ally of the LGBT Community
- Expanding outreach and recruitment efforts to be more inclusive
Contact One of Our Experts
INDUSTRY NEWS & LEARNING
DCI Consulting is a risk management human resources consulting firm strategically located in Washington, D.C.